Printing diagrams to paper

Home Forums Miscellaneous Printing diagrams to paper

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  xthunderheartx 1 year ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
November 1, 2017 at 3:42 pm #5947

xthunderheartx

Is there a simple way to tell eclipse to print all the diagrams in a project? Or maybe export them to PDF?

-Thx

P.S.: Bridgepoint and Shlaer-Mellor have *really* come a long way since the mid ’90s. All I can say is … thank you.

November 1, 2017 at 4:03 pm #5948

Bob Mulvey
Keymaster

Hi!

There is no mechanism in place to print all diagrams.

Honestly, I think, if there was, it may not be very useful because of the variability of the diagram content and size. I can tell you what I do when I want a hard-copy for reference is I capture sections of the diagram as-needed based on what I am doing so that reasonable content is present. I then print these “logical pieces” to pdf naming them _1, …_2, etc. I can them lay-out the pieces of paper in front of me as needed. There are some diagrams that I refer to that tend to be fairly static. For these I keep the pdfs in folders so I can get them again as time passes.

I will also note that in many cases when I am thinking about wanting hard-copy to work from I may consider using the Eclipse “New Window” feature to allow me to show the diagram in question on a separate monitor while I work on the task at hand. This is actually my preferred approach, but I understand that indeed it is nice to have “hard copy” sometimes too.

That is what I tend to do when I want a hard-copy for reference while working.

November 1, 2017 at 4:17 pm #5949

xthunderheartx

I need the images for an onsite project review with customers. Bunch of Army Guys. Their eyes will glaze over of course, but I gotta have something for the PowerPoint. Foils Dood! We need Foils!?? It ain’t a presentation without Foils …

November 1, 2017 at 4:54 pm #5950

Lee Riemenschneider
Participant

You can use [project]->RMB->BridgePoint Utilities->Create Documentation in the xtUML Modeling view to get an html file generated. The html isn’t too pretty, but a doc/images directory gets generated in your project workspace. This directory has images you can use to place in your presentation, and they are named like: [project]-[package]-[component]-[package]-[class]-Instance State Machine.png.

November 1, 2017 at 6:01 pm #5952

Bob Mulvey
Keymaster

Oh yeah, Document Generation (DocGen)! I forgot about DocGen :). Document Generation is perfect for this. Thanks Lee!

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Bob Mulvey.
  • This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Bob Mulvey.
November 16, 2017 at 1:56 pm #5963

xthunderheartx

Yeah I did a Doc Gen on the MO project. I wasn’t really that disappointed in it honestly. Plan to use the feature on my current project. Thanx for the help. Wonder why I didn’t get a notification when this thread updated …

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.