How can I add notes to a diagram?

Home Forums BridgePoint/xtUML Usage and Training How can I add notes to a diagram?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  cort 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
May 2, 2013 at 7:30 pm #1103

keithbrown
Keymaster

There are times when it is useful to annotate a spot or element in a diagram (especially an analysis diagram like Use Case, Sequence, etc) with a graphical note.

xtUML editor does not currently have a “Note” tool, but the “Activity Partition” tool from the Activity drawer in the Palette can be used to serve the purpose. This tool simply draws a line, which you can add text to.

To make the note stand out, activate the context menu on the newly created element and select Format > Line Color > Red.

The context menu also contains the “Layers” entry. You can add all your diagram notes to a “Notes” layer, then you have the ability to hide or show the Notes layer to show the diagram with the additional annotations or not.

May 2, 2013 at 8:09 pm #1105

Bob Mulvey
Keymaster

Very nice idea. I see that to add the text, one goes to the properties view and puts the text in the “Partition Name” attribute.

May 2, 2013 at 8:11 pm #1106

Travis London
Participant

You can also use right click > Rename.

November 12, 2019 at 8:26 pm #6338

cort
Keymaster

Post-It Note

Stick Note

(for search purposes)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.