Importing Classes from other components

Home Forums BridgePoint/xtUML Usage and Training Importing Classes from other components

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
August 26, 2019 at 12:02 pm #6249

Clive
Participant

The structure of my model is a PACKAGE containing three (3) COMPONENTS (A, B, C) each of which contains another PACKAGE (A1, B1, C1, respectively) containing only a CLASS DIAGRAM. From what I can gather from the HELP and the STYLE and GUIDE MANUALS I may not be able to create IMPORTED CLASSES in (say) the CD in A1 from the CD in B1 due to certain VISIBILITY RULES. However, it does seem ambiguous. Anyway, I CANNOT indeed do what I suggested above. When I attempt to create an IMPORTED CLASS and ASSIGN it, I am presented with an EMPTY list. I’ve tried to QUALIFY precisely where the required IMPORTED CLASS can be found – but alas I fail.

So! Is there a way, I can IMPORT a CLASS or do I have to resort to reconstructing my model in order to achieve my aim?

BTW, I’ve had no trouble assigning interfaces etc.

Any suggestions would be (again) appreciated.

Clive.

September 5, 2019 at 3:10 am #6250

Clive
Participant

Well! I now know why nobody responded to this one. A somewhat silly question, really! All brought about by not fully appreciating the difference between the old ‘domain/bridge’ approach as compared to the component/interface approach – and doing the latter correctly. My review seems to have exposed one or two minor issues with BridgePoint concerning ‘interfaces’ and ‘sub-components’ which I’ll report on in the right place.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.