On System Modeling

Home Forums Executable UML and xtUML Methodology On System Modeling

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
September 27, 2019 at 4:16 pm #6306

Lee Riemenschneider
Participant

In discussions of OOA ’20, we should be very cognizant of the fact that the Shlaer-Mellor method is concerned with modeling a domain, so a Shlaer-Mellor metamodel should only be concerned with modeling a domain.
The subject of system modeling is very important and has been somewhat neglected, so it should be covered. Maybe we can agree to make an explicit distinction as xtUML (or Shlaer-Mellor) Domain Modeling and xtUML (or Shlaer-Mellor) System Modeling. We know the latter is connecting domains with bridges, but we also know that isn’t sufficient definition. I’m glad we’re broaching the subject in OOA ’20.
Maybe this doesn’t need to be said, but I hate to make assumptions now that are shown as false later.

September 27, 2019 at 5:03 pm #6310

Lee Riemenschneider
Participant

Some of the OOA ’20 questions also broach the topic of xtUML Architecture Modeling. It was evident in the xtUML Days discussion on this that some people thought an OOA ’20 should be strictly about xtUML Domain Modeling. We seem to be going into a bold new territory with this OOA ’20 approach. Discussions on these topics have long been needed in the Shlaer-Mellor community, so I think this is a good direction to be taking.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.