Thread terminates randomly

Home Forums BridgePoint Development and Integrations Thread terminates randomly

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  benjo123 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
August 24, 2015 at 8:20 am #5243

benjo123
Participant

Dear All,

I have come across with some issues regarding BridgePoint’s thread handling. I start 3 threads from Java code. Sometimes not all the threads are started, however in the Java code they should start from one after another. If I restart several times the Verifier, then it works. (It is not the business logic in the Java code that prevents the thread from running.)

I have experienced, that BridgePoint allows at most 3 Java threads to run in my code. If I want to start more than 3 threads, BridgePoint kills the latter ones.

Another issue regarding threading: if 3 threads run simultaneously, BridgePoint terminates one after a while.

Do you have any idea, why BridgePoint is so strict with running Java threads?

Thank you for the help in advance.

Best regards,
Ben

August 24, 2015 at 1:25 pm #5245

keithbrown
Keymaster

Hi Ben,

I’m not aware of anything BridgePoint does to explicitly restrict Java threads. I suggest you follow the Developer’s getting started guide (https://github.com/xtuml/bridgepoint/blob/master/doc-bridgepoint/process/Developer%20Getting%20Started%20Guide.md) to build BridgePoint yourself.

Once you have it built you can use the you can run the Debug Launch Configuration “Eclipse Application > BP Application”. Then you can use the JDT debugger to set breakpoints, see the stack, watch variables, look at threads, etc…

Verifier is implemented in the org.xtuml.bp.debug.ui plug-in. I suggest you start by looking around in there.

Regards,
Keith

August 24, 2015 at 1:51 pm #5246

benjo123
Participant

Hi Keith,

Thank you for the answer. I will let you know how far I went.

Regards,
Ben

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.