When working with unit tests in the xtUML editor certain Windows 7 settings must be configured. These are:
_- Configure Windows Vista or Windows 7 for unit test running
– Bring up the Windows Color and Appearance settings
– Right click on the desktop background and select Personalize
– In Vista select the Windows Color and Appearance hyperlink
– In Windows 7 select the Windows Color hyperlink
– In the window that appears, change the following attributes:
– Active Title Bar Size: 25 Font: Trebuchet 10
– Border Padding Size: 0
– Caption Buttons Size: 25
– Icon Size: 32 Font: Tahoma 8
– Inactive Title Bar Size: 25 Font: Trebuchet 10
– Menu Size: 19 Font: Tahoma 8
– Message Box Font: Tahoma 8
– Palette Title Size: 17 Font: Tahoma 8
– Selected Items Size: 19 Font: Tahoma 8
– Tooltip Font: Tahoma 8
– If you have a smaller screen or resolution potential you may need to
configure the start menu to not always be on top, or set it to auto-hide.
– Note: Do NOT use the Windows setting that scaling text to make it easier to see.
This setting, in Windows 7, is found here:
Personalize > Display > “Make it easier to read what is on your machine”
That setting must be set to “smaller” 100%
Without these settings the expected results will not match up.
Once you have configured these you will see an Unsaved theme in the Windows configuration area. Here you can right click and then save the theme to BridgePoint Tests. This will easily allow you to switch to these settings only when running the tests.