Reply To: Naming a Referential Attribute

homepage Forums BridgePoint/xtUML Usage and Training Naming a Referential Attribute Reply To: Naming a Referential Attribute

Bob Mulvey
Keymaster

I find this an interesting one to go look at the meta-model for, to see how it really works. I thought perhaps it may be useful to write the steps I think through to find this spot in the meta-model. To find the right place, my thinking goes something like this…
– I know this affects an attribute, and an attribute is represented in the Subsystem package by class Attribute (O_ATTR). So, this is where I look first.
– Once I get this spot in the meta-model I know that this is not just an attribute we are looking for, it is a referential attribute, and I can see that this is right next to Attribute in Subsystem package, Attribute Reference In Class (O_REF)
-I know I want to see where the name comes from, and I see the attribute RAttr_Name that defines this.
-At this point, I see that O_REF.RAttr_Name is a derived attribute so I open it in the OAL editor to see how it is derived. Furthermore, I see that this attribute has a decent description which is helpful.
-The O_REF.RAttr_Name’s OAL leads me to another derived attribute, O_ATTR.Name whose OAL is pretty clear and additionally contains a nice description.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Bob Mulvey.
  • This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Bob Mulvey.