Reply To: Printing diagrams to paper

homepage Forums Miscellaneous Printing diagrams to paper Reply To: Printing diagrams to paper

Bob Mulvey
Keymaster

Hi!

There is no mechanism in place to print all diagrams.

Honestly, I think, if there was, it may not be very useful because of the variability of the diagram content and size. I can tell you what I do when I want a hard-copy for reference is I capture sections of the diagram as-needed based on what I am doing so that reasonable content is present. I then print these “logical pieces” to pdf naming them _1, …_2, etc. I can them lay-out the pieces of paper in front of me as needed. There are some diagrams that I refer to that tend to be fairly static. For these I keep the pdfs in folders so I can get them again as time passes.

I will also note that in many cases when I am thinking about wanting hard-copy to work from I may consider using the Eclipse “New Window” feature to allow me to show the diagram in question on a separate monitor while I work on the task at hand. This is actually my preferred approach, but I understand that indeed it is nice to have “hard copy” sometimes too.

That is what I tend to do when I want a hard-copy for reference while working.