Reply To: What should be the default modeling approach?

homepage Forums BridgePoint/xtUML Usage and Training What should be the default modeling approach? Reply To: What should be the default modeling approach?

Dennis Tubbs
Participant

Poor choice of analogy and the word “size” on my part. What I meant was more in line with “pick the right tool for the job.” However, after reading your response I have a better understanding of your point, I think. A Component aligns with modeling method #2, a package with modeling method #1, and you are proposing to create a system out of either.

I am unclear as to how you can use a Package to build a system without some other code to create the interface. Maybe that is just the 3rd bullet in your method #1.

Thanks for the pointer on my servo example. I think another level of training, beyond what is currently available on the website, is necessary. Having all the pieces doesn’t mean someone is qualified to put them together correctly. I have seen this more than once with programmers who use C++ or C# but are still writing functional programs because they are not using any of the OO features of the language.