Reply To: Problem when switching workspaces

homepage Forums BridgePoint/xtUML Usage and Training Problem when switching workspaces Reply To: Problem when switching workspaces

Clive
Participant

Gentlemen: Thanks for the feedback. I’ve done some delving into stuff in the .metadata files which I’ll report on shortly.

Lee: I created the second WS (WS2) from a fresh start of BP and chose a new directory at the same level as the existing ‘workspace’ (WS1). The new directory is not a sub-directory of ‘workspace'(WS1). The existing models for WS1 all resided in WS1. WS2 contained new models, not related to anything in WS1.

Looking into the .metadata directory for each of the workspaces WS1 and WS2 there are some obvious differences in the .log files in terms of normal operation and failed operation. It seems that normal operation inserts an !ENTRY log and nothing more. For a failed operation the .log file contains entries such as:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2019-08-07 20:42:29.310
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.xtuml.bp.core.ui.tree.ModelCheckedTreeViewer should return an instance of ITreeSelection from its getSelection() method.

followed by a significant list of java references. This list ends with:

!SESSION 2019-08-07 20:43:31.522 ———————————————–
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_212
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_AU
Framework arguments: -keyring /Users/cliveboughton/.eclipse_keyring
Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -keyring /Users/cliveboughton/.eclipse_keyring

As an aside I could find the “.eclipse_keyring” file in my home directory.

Another aside is that I couldn’t find a way to access the error log file from BP – not in keeping with the Help manual. So all my searches were done from the command line outside of BP. There was nothing in the other files within the .metadata directory that suggested anything was wrong.

Is there a particular procedure or naming convention I should follow in creating new workspaces? To get around the problem I’m experiencing, should I simply create another workspace and transfer or import the WS1 files into?

Bob: I guess the equivalent of ‘fade’ for me is ‘greyed-out’ such as ‘greyed-out’ items in a menu suggesting that selection will cause no action.

Regards.