Should Navigator view be included in xtUML Modeling perspective?

homepage Forums BridgePoint/xtUML Usage and Training Should Navigator view be included in xtUML Modeling perspective?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    John Wolfe
    Participant

I routinely open a Navigator view and drag it to the same pane as Model Explorer so that I can easily bounce between a model-centric view and a file-based one. This is especially useful for editing marking files or running standalone archetypes by dropping them into the /gen folder.
    I’ve defined my own perspective called “xtUML Modeling (JRW)” and saved it in my preferences file to accelerate the process of initializing a workspace. But, when helping others I so often see the need for a Navigator view that I’m now wondering whether we should make it part of the default xtUML Modeling perspective.

poj
    Participant

I haven’t thought about adding a Navigator view, but it sounds like a good idea.
    In general I always open the resources perspective in every workspace when modelling, to access the files view.
    The exception to this is when I work with developing the tool itself, when the Java Perspective is used instead.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.