Tagged: linux fedora install
- November 25, 2013 at 3:28 pm #1281keithbrownKeymaster
1) Tried to run installer. It failed with:
[code title=””]bash: ./xtUMLEditor_v4.1.2.ixl: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory[/code]
This appears to be a library compatibility problem. I knew I would want wine
eventually anyway, and thought installing it may pull in the libs I need. So I did:
[code title=””]$ sudo yum install wine
$ sudo yum install gcc-c++[/code]
And let it pull in all the dependencies it wanted to. After the wine install completed, the
installer runs OK, but the installation is still not correct.
2) The post-install log (in ~/mgc/install.ixl/LOGS/) indicated failure running dos2unix, so:
[code title=””]$ sudo yum install dos2unix[/code]
and re-run the the installer. Now the install was good.
3) However, when I ran Launcher.sh, nothing happens. Looked at log (in ~/MentorGraphics/xtUMLEditor/eclipse/configuration)
and see a SWT/gtk library error. So:
[code title=””]$ sudo yum install compat-libstdc++-33
$ sudo yum install gtk2.i686[/code]
xtUML Editor now starts properly.May 8, 2015 at 8:18 pm #4556Bob MulveyKeymaster
BridgePoint now has a developer’s guide that focuses on ubuntu. There is a FAQ that describes linux package-specifIc installation issues (as well as Windows). The Developer’s Getting started will point you to the FAQ,but here are inks:
Developer’s Getting Started: https://github.com/xtuml/bridgepoint/blob/master/doc-bridgepoint/process/Developer%20Getting%20Started%20Guide.md
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.