Getting started with a new process and a new tool often seems like a daunting task. The xtUML Community aims to provide help to new users in a number of formats: in print, instructional videos, professional training, and a community forum. Here we provide a small set of links to help new users by focusing on key questions:
Why should I use xtUML for Model-Driven Development?
- Introduction to xtUML (article)
- MDD for Systems Engineering (video)
- UML, xtUML and the xtUML Process (video)
How do I use BridgePoint to create xtUML applications?
- Modeling with xtUML course (course) (requires creation of xtuml-org.hustlefish-sites.com account)
- How to build a simple component diagram in BridgePoint (video)
- OAL Syntax Reference (article) (also available in the Help system inside BridgePoint)
What about training classes?
- Professionally-delivered training classes are available from One Fact. One Fact publishes the training material as open source under CC0 license and encourages interested parties to suggest and implement improvements. The training materials consist of two courses: Requirements Clarification and Basic xtUML Modeling.