Build 6.19.0 triggers IDP.Generic from AVAST

homepage Forums BridgePoint/xtUML Usage and Training Build 6.19.0 triggers IDP.Generic from AVAST

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tlainhart
    Participant

Hello –

New user here. I downloaded the latest nightly build of Bridgepoint here:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/xtuml-releases/nightly-build/org.xtuml.bp.product-win32.win32.x86_64.zip

…and ran it to look around (in prep for tutorial work).

On closing the app, my AVAST anti-virus software (business machine) raised an IDP.Generic alert, recommending quarantine. I’ve seen this before, rarely, and assume it is a false positive here so I registered it as an exception. I’ll follow-up with the vendor.

But I wanted to raise the point here, in case anyone else comes across this.

— Todd

nathanmark
    Participant

The threat is usually categorized as false positive detection. This means that the antivirus program that you’ve installed has detected a legitimate or harmless file as risky and either removed or quarantined it. In any case, the detections end up leading to the removal of significant system files or data. But not every threat that is detected is a false positive.

nathanmark
    Participant

You might have noticed IDP.Generic coming up on your screen if there is an antivirus software installed in the system. This is an indication of the presence of a generic malware, and is something that is most commonly seen by the Avast and AVG users. It’s important to note that IDP.Generic can turn out to be really harmful for the computer. Follow this guide https://fortheloveoftech.com/idp-generic/ to remove the malware.

Techwhose
    Participant

Generally, IDP.generic warning is caused due to an outdated version of your Antivirus. Developers of various antivirus softwares do not frequently update, leading the softwares to push fake positive notifications.

idp generic Avast or AVG is caused due to an old version of Avast or AVG antivirus software and is generally fixed by updating the software to the latest version. Another potential cause of the IDP generic virus is an old, outdated Java software version.

checkout the post here to completely remove Idp generic

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.