Can I force a project to be read-only?

homepage Forums BridgePoint/xtUML Usage and Training Can I force a project to be read-only?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rrice
    Participant

I have a project that I’d like to share with other team members, but I only want to give them read access and not allow them to modify the model. Is there any way that I can create a read-only project to share with my team? Or is there a special “viewer” mode I can use for the xtUML Editor?

cort
    Keymaster

One good approach is to keep your project in configuration management (git, Subversion, ClearCase, etc.). The xtUML Editor integrates nicely with these systems. You can then allow read-only checkout (no “push” authority).

Another possibility is to allow a user to access a project (Import the project) from a file system to which they do not have write access. (For example, allowing them to import a project that exists in your home directory (on Unix) where they have only read access. This works, too.

Note that there is no specific “view-only” mode for the xtUML Editor. It might be a nice feature to add some day.

:)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.